Forensic and Litigation Support Solutions
Allana Buick & Bers is one of the most highly regarded construction defect expert firms in the Western United States. We have experience with leaks, cracking, mold, dry rot, water damage, efflorescence deposits, and other construction/design defects. Our forensic expertise includes:
- Roofing – steep slope, low slope, garden roofs, etc.
- Waterproofing – foundations, below-grade, exterior walls, concrete, balconies, podiums, planters, etc.
- Building envelope systems – stucco, balconies, walls, foundations, etc.
- Glazing systems – windows, curtain walls, window walls, store front systems
- Façade systems – vapor barriers, siding, cladding, doors, flashings, expansion joints
- Structural engineering – balconies, decks, lanais
- Mechanical engineering – HVAC, plumbing
- Renewable energy systems – solar PV, solar thermal
Expert Witness Testimony –
Our experts have represented Owners, Contractors, and Material Manufacturers in hundreds of cases. Our typical clients for expert witness work include:
- Condominium and Multi-family Residential
- Local and Federal Government
- Commercial and Industrial Buildings
- Hospital and Healthcare Facilities
- Hospitality and Resort Properties
We have in-house Forensic experts including: Registered Roof Consultants (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultants (RWC), Architects, Structural, Civil and Mechanical Engineers.
Forensic Investigation –
We have some of the most sophisticated non-destructive tools in the business to analyze structures such as, portable x-ray technology, Infra-red camera, x-ray fluorescence analyzer (XRF), Nuclear Troxler moisture gauge and other capacitance and conductance based moisture measuring gauges. We also have technicians that perform industry standard water tests such as, AAMA 501, ASTM E1105, ASTM D5957, Rillem tube test and many others.