Living Roof Specialists
A successful roof garden begins with an effective and dependable waterproofing system. While waterproofing can be one of the less expensive elements in a roof garden system, it also can be one of the most expensive to correct if it fails.
We are familiar with all major waterproofing systems including: fluid applied membranes, self-adhering sheet membranes, bituminous and thermoplastic sheet membranes and composite rubberized asphalt membranes.
Garden roofs offer the following benefits:
- Reduce Heat Island Effect – Plants use light energy to perform photosynthesis and plant respiration cools near the roof surface.
- Improve Insulation Efficiency – Evaporation of moisture in the soil cools the roof surface and voids in the soil provide additional insulation.
- Slows and Filters Storm Runoff – Rainwater percolates through vegetation and soil and is slowly released at drains. Roots and the soil system absorb and retain storm water on roofs and soil and root layers filter deposited airborne particulates.
- Increase Roof Life Expectancy – The roof is protected from physical damage by soil and planting layers. Soil and plantings mitigate rapid temperature swings that stress waterproofing membranes.
- Living Roofs Look Great – Provide unlimited design opportunities.